This website is owned by Shell Canada Products ("Company"). This website is intended to provide you with information regarding products and services offered by the Company. By accessing, using, or downloading material from this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Canada Forum - This website is intended solely for use in Canada. Activities involving certain countries may require compliance with various laws and regulations. Therefore, visitors to this website who are located in or affiliated with a country other than Canada should immediately exit this website.
- Agreements - The transactions you conduct through this website may be subject to written agreements between the Company and you. The information, products and services contained in this website do not change the terms of your written agreements with the Company. However, you agree to be bound by the transactions you conduct through this website.
- Password - You may receive a password to access certain areas of this website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You agree to (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you fully log off from the website at the end of each session. This website does not require you to change your password; however, the Company encourages you to periodically change your password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
- Use Restrictions - All (a) content on this website, including all the text, graphics, logos, designs, titles, button icons, photographs, graphs, sounds, data, images, audio and video clips available on this website ("Content"), and (b) the compilation, collection, selection, arrangement, assembly and coordination of all Content is the property of the Company, its affiliates or its content suppliers, and is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. All the Content may only be used by you in connection with your personal or business activities with the Company. You may make copies of selected portions of the Content, provided that such copies are made only for the purpose of your personal or business activities with the Company, and only if you maintain any proprietary notices contained in such Content. Any other use, including, but not limited to, the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the Content for any other purposes, is strictly prohibited.
- Disclaimer - THIS WEBSITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROMOTIONS AND PROGRAMS CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROMOTIONS AND PROGRAMS CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER ALSO APPLIES TO YOUR USE OF ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE.
- Accuracy - The Company attempts to be as accurate as possible, however, the information and materials contained in this website may not be current. The Company makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained in this website or in any website linked to or from this website. The Company expressly disclaims liability for any errors or omissions in the information or materials contained in this website or in any website linked to or from the website, and also disclaim any duty to update the information or materials or to advise you when the information or materials are revised or discovered to be inaccurate, incomplete or erroneous. The Company may invalidate any transaction that is based on erroneous or inaccurate information supplied to this website by any person or the Company, its employees, contractors, or agents.
- Links - This website may include links to external websites. These links are provided in order to help you quickly and easily find relevant websites, services and/or products that may be of interest to you. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these websites are suitable for your purposes. Also, you may have linked to this website from an external website. We are not responsible for the owners or operators of any of these websites nor for any goods or services they supply nor for the content of their websites. Nothing contained in this website should be construed as an endorsement by the Company of any of the external websites. We do not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these websites nor accept any liability in relation to any of these websites (including, but not limited to, any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external website infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
- Viruses - The Company expressly disclaims any liability for any damage to your computer, information system, or other property due to your use of this website or your downloading any materials, text or images from this website, including, but not limited to, damage caused by viruses that may infect your computer or information system.
- Trade-marks - The trade-marks, service marks, trade names, logos, and other indications of origin displayed in this website are owned by the Company or a third party who has granted the Company a right to use them. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting any person or entity the right to use any such marks or names displayed here without the written permission of the owner. Other product and company names mentioned in this website may be trade-marks or service marks of their respective owners.
- Proprietary Information and Submissions - The Company does not wish to receive confidential or proprietary information from any user through its use of this website. If users of this website are (or are employed by) a competitor of the Company, users agree not to submit any competitively sensitive information, including, but not limited to, information with respect to the users' (or their employer's) customer lists, supply, inventory, output, territories, markets, prices, and other sales arrangements for services and products that compete with services and products of the Company. Should any user of this website respond with information such as feedback data, questions, comments, suggestions, postings, or the like regarding this website or any products, services, promotions, programs or policies, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and will become the property of the Company, and the Company shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, display, disclose, publish, broadcast, and distribute the information to others without any limitation or obligation whatsoever (including, but not limited to, the obligation to compensate user in any way). Users agree not to submit any material to this website that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable or that consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." Users may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead the Company as to the origin of the material or other content. The Company reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
- Changes - The Company reserves the right to make changes to this website and to any products, services, promotions, programs, or policies described in this website, and to suspend or terminate this website or the products, services, promotions, programs, or policies at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
Website for Canada only:
The information at this site applies to Canada only and may not apply for other locations. Products of the Company and its affiliates advertised on this site may not be available outside of Canada or in all regions of Canada. Products are available according to local laws. All products are subject to the terms of applicable agreements. A reference to the price of a product does not mean it is an offer to sell. All products and prices may change without notice. All prices are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stated. These terms and conditions are to be read with all other terms and conditions or disclaimers in this website.
These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be interpreted according to Alberta law. If there is a dispute about these terms and conditions, or any dispute about the website, whether in contract or tort, or otherwise, the Alberta courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over this
For each user of this website, the Company's web server automatically recognizes the user's domain name and e-mail address (where possible). Please be advised that if a user gives his/her ID or password to another person to use to log on to this website, that person will be treated as if he/she is the original user.
Click on link for more information
Information collection and use
We may collect and use personal information (including name, address, telephone number and email) in order to:
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- process orders or applications submitted by you
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you
- create products or services that may meet your needs.
As part of the services offered to you through our site, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of Canada By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers or one of our service providers are from time to time located in a country outside of Canada These countries may not have similar data protection laws to Canada If we transfer your information outside of Canada in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, if you use our services while you are outside of Canada , your information may be transferred outside Canada in order to provide you with those services.
Providing you with additional information and sharing your information
From time to time we may wish to use your personal information for purposes other than as set out in the above section if we believe that these additional uses will be of benefit to you. However, we understand that you may not wish us to use your information in this way. We will not use your information for the purposes set out below unless you have specifically consented to such use when submitting the information. Additionally, if at any time you wish us to stop using your information for any or all of the below purposes, please let us know. We will stop the use of your information for such purposes as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so. In such case we will, however, continue to use your personal data for the purposes set out in the above section for as long as it is reasonable to do so.
From time to time we may like to use the information you supply to us for:
- market research and tracking of sales data
- informing you about our products and services, which may include contacting you by telephone
- giving the information to Shell affiliate offices and companies, which may be located outsideCanada, to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you.
In addition, from time to time we may wish to give your name, address and e-mail and any other personal data you supply to us to selected third parties, which may be located outside of Canada. These third parties may use this information for:
- market research and tracking of sales data
- sending you information about their products and services
- giving the information to their affiliate offices and companies to enable them to send you information that may be of interest to you.
Collection of non-personal information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the web site from which you linked to our site. We may also aggregate details that you have submitted to the site (for example, your age and the town where you live). You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this web site. We may from time to time supply third parties with this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this site.
We may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer when you look at our site. We are able to read these cookies for information purposes when you revisit our web site. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being accepted by you is specific to your PC and includes the IP address, the date and time the PC visited the web site, what parts of our web site were looked at and whether the web pages requested were delivered successfully. This information is anonymous; it represents a computer rather than a person.
We use the cookie information to improve our knowledge of the use of our web site and to enable us to be able to ascertain whether the web site is operating at an optimal level. This allows us to enhance our web offerings to you and to provide an enjoyable and an innovative online experience.
You can erase or block this information by changing the settings on your computer (please refer to your help screens or manuals). If you do erase or block this information you may not be able to utilize some features of the site.
Chat rooms, notice boards, newsgroups
E-mail, Feedback and Forum Facilities
Keeping our records accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
Use of your personal information submitted to other web sites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other web sites even if:
- you accessed the third party web site using links from our web site; or
- you linked to our web site from a third party web site.
We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact the owner or operator of such web site if you have any concerns or questions.
Submission of others personal information
From time to time, the Company may use user information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this privacy notice. If the Company's information practices change at some time in the future, the Company will post the policy changes to this website to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at this website periodically.
With respect to security:
The Company has appropriate security measures in place in its physical facilities to minimize the loss, misuse or alteration of information that the Company has collected from users through this website. If you feel that this website is not following its stated information policy or if you have objections regarding the operation of this website, you may contact the Company.
How you can contact us
With respect to children:
This website is intended for users who are 18 years old or older. Therefore, the Company does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.